VDMA Power Systems provides resources for the management of the secretariat of “EUGINE”, the European Engine Power Plants Association. EUGINE
The European Engine Power Plants Association was founded in Brussels, in March 2014. Members of the association include manufacturers of internal combustion engines (ICE) and alternators.
Members of EUGINE
The following companies are members of the association:
- Caterpillar Energy Solutions
- EC Power
- GE Power
- Liebherr Machines
- MAN Diesel & Turbo
- Marelli Motori
- Rolls-Royce Power Systems
Vision of EUGINE
Thermal power generation based on flexible and efficient internal combustion engines:
- EUGINE is the voice of the European reciprocating engine power plants industry
- The association contributes to the European energy policy discussion, by ensuring that the value of flexibility is recognised and given a fair price in the energy market design and by ensuring that the engine power plant technology is known and perceived as a solution for providing the increasingly required flexible energy.
- By this, EUGINE contributes to the development of an efficient, responsive, fast, reliable and environmentally sound European energy system.
Who is who
Kari Hietanen (Executive Vice-President, Wärtsilä) is the President of the association. The office of EUGINE is led by Ralf Wezel (VDMA) as Secretary General. The Manager of European Affairs, Gaëtan Claeys (VDMA), is the key contact to the EU institutions. Patricia Seizer (VDMA) holds the function of Executive Assistant at EUGINE.